Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Lost Hero

A spin off of Percy Jackson series.
If you had liked Percy Jackson series you would probably like this new series as well. It has the same formula and feel from the former series.
Riordan did a good job of creating another story that continues what had happened from the Percy Jackson, adding another myth to the mix. Now referring also to Roman gods and godesses, the story revolves around the gods having two personas, one from Greek another from Roman, thus, having offsprings or demigod as it is referred to in the seires differs from the two personas.
Characters from the Percy Jackson are all in the book, well most of them, and it seems that only a few characters have been added, albeit the new enemies.
But I can't shake the feeling that there are things in the Lost Hero that contradicts things in Percy Jackson series but I can't quite pinpoint it (I am too lazy too refer to the Percy Jackson books to double check).
Still, I find the book quite a read as I am fascinated with Greek and Roman Myths. I just feel that the new characters are quite powerful than the original casts.
4/5 drachmas

No comments:

Post a Comment